Named after an English river, Meon was completed in December, 1943, at Glasgow and sailed on January 16, 1944, with convoy ON.220 for Canada. She was commissioned in the RCN at Halifax on February 7, and in April worked up in St. Margaret's Bay. In May she was assigned to EG 9 and sailed with convoy HXM.289 to join EG 9 in Londonderry. For the next five months she was employed in U.K. coastal waters, and was present on D-Day. She was then transferred to the EG 27, Halifax, as Senior Officer's ship, arriving there on October 19. Employed locally until March 31, 1945, she then left Halifax to join convoy HX.347 on passage to Britain, and was returned to the RN at Southampton on April 23. Like Ettrick, she was converted to a combined operations H.Q. ship but was never used as such, and lay idle at Harwich for 20 years before being broken up at Blyth in 1966.