Commissioned on May 18, 1944, at Montreal, she arrived June 30 in Bermuda to work up. In July she became a member of EG C-2, and on August 7 left St. John's for Londonderry with convoy HXF.302. She spent her entire wartime career on convoy duty and for varying periods was Senior Officer's ship of her group. Returning to Canada in June, 1945, she proceeded to Vancouver for tropicalization refit, but this was cancelled and the ship paid off December 31 at Esquimalt. She was sold in 1947 and, reportedly, expended as part of a breakwater at Kelsey Bay; B.C., in 1948.