HMCS Arleux was one of twelve Battle class Naval trawlers used by the Royal Canadian Navy (RCN). Named after the April 1917 Battle of Arleux, she was built by Canadian Vickers, at Montreal, and commissioned on 5 June 1918. After the First World War, Arleux was transferred to the Department of Marine and Fisheries, but remained notionally a naval vessel until June 1922. While Arleux was a fisheries patrol vessel, she often served as a mother ship to the east coast's winter haddock fishing fleet. Reacquired by the RCN and re-commissioned in September 1939, Arleux was designated Gate Vessel 16 at Halifax, Nova Scotia, in 1940. Sold in February 1946, Arleux foundered in August 1948 off White Head Bay, Nova Scotia.