Built at Star Shipyards Lt., New Westminster, B.C., she was commissioned at New Westminster on Jul 4, 1944. She spent her wartime service as part of Esquimalt and Prince Rupert Force, being paid off on September 2, 1945. Revelstoke was re-commissioned for passage to Halifax for a time. She was re-commissioned in the summer and fall of 1952 and 1953 for use as a tender at St. John's, NFLD. She was finally paid off on October 23, 1953, for transfer to the Department of Indian Affairs. She was later sold in 1956.