Commissioned at Toronto on September 15, 1942, Westmount arrived at Halifax on October 10 and proceeded to Pictou to work up. Following this, she underwent engine repairs at Halifax from November 20 to February 2, 1943. She was then assigned to Halifax Local Defence Force and, later to Halifax Force. In May, 1943, she was transferred to Sydney Force, but returned to Halifax Force in January, 1944. In February, 1945, she commenced a major refit at Lunenburg and, after this was completed late in April, proceeded to Bermuda to work up. Upon her return to Halifax on May 30 she was assigned to miscellaneous duties until paid off at Sydney on October 13, 1945, and laid up at Shelburne. In 1946 she was placed in strategic reserve at Sorel until reacquired by the RCN in 1951. On March 29, 1958, she was transferred to the Turkish Navy, serving as Bornova until 1972.
After 1949 Recommissioned as Pendant 187.