Initially built for RN, Warrior was transferred to the RCN in 1946. Soon after it was found her heating system was insufficient to deal with the cold waters of the North Atlantic. Warrior was transferred to the West Coast until she was returned to the RN in exchange for a more suitable carrier - the Magnificent. In February 1948, she arrived at Belfast, where she transferred stores to Magnificent and, on March 23, was paid off by the RCN. She served in the RN until 1958, when she was sold to Argentina and renamed Independencia. She served until being paid off in 1970 and sold for scrap in 1971.
Ex-HMS WARRIOR. Capacity of 30 aircraft.