The first of the RCN Bangor Class, Wasaga was commissioned at Vancouver on June 30, 1941. She left Esquimalt on August 6 for Halifax, arriving on September 10. Sent to Bermuda for working- up, she was assigned to Halifax Force on her return. In March, 1942, she was transferred to Newfoundland Force and, in January 1944 to Sydney Force. Ordered to the U.K. for invasion duties, she sailed from Halifax on February 21, 1944, for Plymouth via the Azores, in company with Canso, Guysborough and Kenora. Arriving at Plymouth early in March, she was assigned at first to the 32nd and then to the 31st Minesweeping Flotilla and was on hand on D-Day. She sailed for Canada on September 30, 1944, to refit at Charlottetown, returning to Plymouth on February 4, 1945. That September she returned to Canada and was paid off at Halifax on October 6, to be laid up at Shelburne until sold for scrap in 1947.