This large yacht, the property of the Duke of Sutherland, was requisitioned in 1939 at Esquimalt and commissioned for patrol service on March 5, 1940. From May, 1942, Sans Peur served the dual function of patrol vessel and training vessel, but after November was used for training alone. Originally chartered, the ship was purchased in 1943. Following an extensive refit at Esquimalt, she left on January 24, 1944 for Halifax, arriving late in February. In March she was sent to HMCS Cornwallis, where she carried out A/S training in conjunction with RN submarines, and after February, 1946, she was a training ship at Halifax. Paid off on January 31, 1947, she was sold to Maple Leaf Steamships of Montreal, but on resale the following year she reverted, under Panamanian flag, to her original name, Trenona. Later refitted by her builders at Southampton, she resumed her career as a yacht for Italian owners, but by 1975 was in use as VIP accommodation at Okinawa, Japan.
Former name, Sans Peur, retained.