HMCS OTTAWA (4th) (341)
The History of the OTTAWA (4th)
HMCS Ottawa (FFH 341) is a Halifax-class frigate that has served in the Canadian Forces since 1996.
Ottawa is the twelfth and final ship in her class which is based on the Canadian Patrol Frigate Project. She is the fourth vessel to carry the designation HMCS Ottawa.
She is assigned to Maritime Forces Pacific (MARPAC) and is homeported at HMC Dockyard, CFB Esquimalt.
OTTAWA (4th) Statistical Data
- Pendant: 341
- Type: Canadian Patrol Frigate
- Class: Halifax
- Displacement: 5, 235 tonnes
- Length: 135.5 m / 444.5 ft
- Width: 16.4 m / 54 ft
- Draught: 6.15 m / 20 ft
- Speed: 29+ kts
180 + 45 Transients Officers and Crew
- Arms: 8 Harpoon, 16 VL Sea Sparrow, 1 - 57 mm Bofors Mk. 2 DP, 1 - 20mm Phalanx CIWS, 4 - Mk. 32 12.75" TT, 6 - 12.7 mm M.G, 1 Helicopter.
- Builder: Saint John Shipbuilding, Saint John, NB
- Keel Laid: 31-May-96
- Date Launched: 31-May-96
- Date Commissioned: 28-Sep-96
- Paid off:
Keywords: HMCS OTTAWA (4th), Royal Canadian Navy Ship, Canadian Patrol Frigate, Halifax Class