HMCS Oshawa (J330/174) was an Algerine-class minesweeper of the Royal Canadian Navy.
Commissioned at Port Arthur on July 6, 1944, she arrived at Halifax on August 18. She worked up in Bermuda in September and on her return was allocated to EG W-6 of Western Escort Force as Senior Officer's Ship. The group was disbanded in June, 1945, and Oshawa was paid off into maintenance reserve at Sydney on July 28. She was recommissioned on October 24, and in November sailed for Esquimalt. She arrived there December 21, and on February 26, 1946, was paid off into reserve. During one more commission from April 11, 1956 to November 7, 1958. She was extensively converted for oceanographic research, in which role she continued, civilian-manned, until sold and broken up at Victoria in 1966.
After 1949 Recommissioned as Pendant 174. (As pictured)