Commissioned on October 25, 1943, at Collingwood, North Bay arrived at Halifax on November 29, and in December carried out workups in St. Margaret's Bay. On completion of these she was assigned to EG 9, Londonderry, making her passage there as escort to convoy SC.154 early in March, 1944. When EG 9 became a frigates-only group, North Bay returned to St. John's in April and became a member of EG C-4. From December 11 to mid-February, 1945, she underwent a refit at Sydney and proceeded to Bermuda to work up. On completing this exercise she sailed directly to St. John's to join EG C-2, but later in April she was transferred to C-3 and, on April 30, left St. John's to join convoy SC.174 for a final trip to Londonderry. She returned in May with ON.304 and was paid off on July 1 and laid up at Sorel. In 1946 she was sold for mercantile use, becoming the Bahamian-registered Kent County II.
Sold into merchantile service in 1946 and became the Bahamian Kent County II. Renamed Galloway Kent in 1950. Renamed Bedford II in 1951.