HMCS Fort Erie (K670) was a River class frigate that served in the Royal Canadian Navy from 1944-1945 and as a Prestonian class frigate from 1956-1965.
Built by Davie Shipbuilding & Repairing Co. Ltd., Lauzon, and commissioned at Quebec City on October 27, 1944, she did not arrive at Halifax until December. She worked up in Bermuda in mid-January and, on her return to Halifax' was assigned to EG 28, an RCN support group based on Halifax, for the duration of the European war. Tropicalization refit, begun June 2, 1945, at Pictou, was cancelled on August 20 and Fort Erie was paid off on November 22, to be laid up at Shelburne. She was sold in 1946 to Marine Industries Ltd., but reacquired by the RCN and rebuilt in 1954 and 1955 as a Prestonian class ocean escort.
Recommissioned April 17, 1956, she was generally in service as a training ship until finally paid off on March 26, 1965 at Halifax. She was broken up at La Spezia, Italy, in 1966.
Recommissioned as a Prestonian Class on 17-Apr-56. Pendant Number 312. Finally Paid Off 26-Mar-65. Post War FORT ERIE Pictured.