Named after a river in Scotland, Ettrick was completed in July, 1943, as an RN ship and assigned to EG C-1, a Canadian escort group. On January 29, 1944, while undergoing a refit in Halifax, she was transferred to the RCN, and on completion of the refit on May 6 she was assigned to EG C-3. She arrived in Bermuda on September 30 for a month's working-up, and on her return made two round trips to Londonderry with EG C-3, before being transferred in October to EG 27, Halifax. She was employed locally until VE-Day, and on May 30, 1945, returned to the RN at Southampton. She was then converted to a combined operations H.Q. ship, though never employed as such, and in April, 1946, was laid up at Harwich. In 1953 she was broken up at Grays, Essex.