Named for a New Brunswick bay, she was built for the RN but transferred to the RCN for manning and commissioned April 2, 1942, at Vancouver. In May she joined Esquimalt Force and in September was transferred to Prince Rupert Force, but she returned to Esquimalt in March, 1943, with orders to proceed to the east coast. She left Esquimalt for Halifax on March 17, arriving on May 2, and was allocated to WLEF, transferring in July to Halifax Force and in December to Newfoundland Force. During this period she underwent a six-week refit at Baltimore, Md., from mid-July 1943. On February 1#, 1944, with Cowichan, Malpeque and Vegreville, she left for Plymouth via the Azores, arriving on March 13. She was assigned to the 31st Minesweeping Flotilla for invasion duties and was present on D-Day. Caraquet proceeded to Canada at the end of September to refit at Lunenburg, returning to Plymouth in March, 1945, for further mine-clearance work. Paid off on September 26 and returned to the RN at Sheerness, she was sold to the Portuguese Navy in 1946 and re-named Almirante Lacerda. She remained in service as a survey vessel until 1975.