Commissioned at Victoria on August 25, 1944, Capilano arrived at Halifax on October 20. Following workups begun in St. Margaret's Bay and completed in Bermuda in November she joined EG C-2 in St. John's, Nfld., and was continuously on North Atlantic convoy duty until VE-Day. She left Londonderry for tile last time on May 30, 1945, and on June 10 began tropicalization refit at Shelburne. The work was completed on October 13, and on November 24, 1945, the ship was paid off at Halifax and placed in reserve in Bedford Basin. She was sold for mercantile use in 1947, and in 1948 she appeared under Jamaican registry as Irving Francis M. She foundered in 1953 off the Cuban coast while en route from Jamaica to Miami in tow of Bess Barry M., the former HMCS St. Boniface.