Commissioned on May 6, 1944, at LÚvis, she arrived at Halifax on May 28, leaving on June 18 for a month's working-up in Bermuda. In August Toronto was allocated to EG 16, Halifax, but for the next few weeks operated principally from Sydney. Following repairs in November she joined Halifax Force and was employed locally until May, 1945, when she began five months' training duty at HMCS Cornwallis. Paid off on November 27, she was placed in reserve at Shelburne, but was re-commissioned on March 26, 1953, after conversion to a Prestonian class ocean escort. She was paid off for the last time on April 14, 1956, having been lent to the Norwegian Navy, which re-named her Garm. She was permanently transferred in 1959, and re-classed in 1965 as a torpedo boat depot ship. Simultaneously re-named Valkyrien, she served a further 13 years before being disposed of.
Recommissioned as a Prestonian Class on 26-Nov-53. Pendant Number 319. Finally Paid Off 14-Apr-56..