Laid down as HMS Pembroke Castle, she was transferred to the RCN and commissioned on the Clyde on June 29, 1944. Following working-up at Stornoway Tillsonburg arrived at Londonderry on August 19, sailing a week later for St. John's to join EG C-6, then forming. Unlike her sisters, therefore, she first escorted an eastbound convoy, HXF.308, leaving St. John's on September 18 to join it. An ocean escort for the balance of the war, she left Londonderry for her last crossing in mid-June, 1945. Briefly based at St. John's, Sydney, and Halifax, she was paid off at Halifax on February 15, 1946, and later that year was sold to Chinese owners for mercantile service. Initially named Ta Ching, she was renamed Chiu Chin in 1947. In 1951 she was taken over by the Nationalist Chinese government, rearmed and renamed Kao-An.
Ex-HMS PEMBROKE CASTLE