Built by Canadian Vickers Ltd., Montreal, she was commissioned on December 15, 1953, and paid off on March 31, 1954, the day of her transfer to the French Navy. She was re-named La Paimpolaise.
On November 10, 1987 , La Paimpolaise was used as a target for a live fire ex (Exercise La Paimpolaise). She was first fired upon with 100 mm gun fire from the French Naval vessels Balny, EV Henry and La Raileuse, and then sunk by scuttling charges
TRANSFERRED TO THE FRENCH NAVY 31 MAR 54. RENAMED LA PAIMPOLAISE.