The last frigate launched for the RCN, Sussexvale was commissioned on November 29, 1944, at Quebec City, and arrived at Halifax on December 16. She left on January 8, 1945, for a months' workups in Bermuda, on completion of which she was assigned to EG 26. She arrived in Londonderry to join the group on March 6 and spent the remainder of the war in U.K. waters, based primarily at Portsmouth. She returned home in May to begin tropicalization refit at Shelburne, but this was called off and the ship was paid off at Sydney on November 16. Placed in reserve at Shelburne, she was subsequently sold to Marine Industries Ltd., but re-acquired by the RCN and converted to a Prestonian class ocean escort. Re-commissioned March 18, 1955, she served as a training ship until paid off on November 30, 1966. She was scrapped in Japan in 1967.
Recommissioned as a Prestonian Class on 8-Aug-55. Pendant Number 313. Finally Paid Off 30-Nov-66.
Post War HMCS SUSSEXVALE