Stettler was commissioned May 7, 1944, at Montreal, and arrived at Halifax on May 28. She carried out workups in Bermuda in July. On her return to Halifax she was assigned to EG 16. On March 7, 1945, she left for Londonderry, EG 16's new base, and was thereafter employed in U.K. waters except for two round trips to Gibraltar in May and June, 1945. She left Londonderry for home on June 16, the last Canadian warship to do so, and began tropicalization refit at Shelburne. Work was suspended in August and the ship was paid off November 9, 1945. She was sold but later recovered and converted to a Prestonian class ocean escort, being recommissioned on February 27, 1954. She subsequently moved to the west coast and was finally paid off there on August 31, 1966. She was broken up in 1967 at Victoria.
Recommissioned as a Prestonian Class on 2-Feb-54. Pendant Number 311. Finally Paid Off 31-Aug-66. Pictured is the Post War STETTLER.