HMCS STE. THERESE (K366)
The History of the STE. THERESE
Commissioned on May 28, 1944, at LÚvis, she arrived at Halifax early in July and, after preliminary workups in St. Margaret's Bay, proceeded to Bermuda to complete the process. Returning n Mid-August, Ste. Therese left Halifax in Late October to join convoy HX.317 for passage to Londonderry. There she joined EG 25 and served with it in U.K. waters until February, 1945, when she was re-assigned to EG 28, Halifax. She served locally with EG 28 until the end of the war, and on November 22 was paid off at Sydney and placed in reserve at Shelburne. She re-commissioned on January 22, 1955, after conversion to a Prestonian class ocean escort, finally being paid off at Esquimalt on January 30, 1957. She was broken up in Japan that year.
STE. THERESE Statistical Data
- Pendant: K366
- Type: Frigate
- Class: RIVER Class 43-44 Programme
- Displacement: 1445 tonnes
- Length: 301.5 ft
- Width: 36.6 ft
- Draught: 9 ft
- Speed: 19 kts
- Compliment: 8 Officers and 133 Crew
- Arms: 2-4" (1 x II), 4-20mm, Hedgehog
- Builder: Davie Shipbuilding and Repairing Co. Ltd., Lauzon, Que.
- Keel Laid: 18-May-43
- Date Launched: 16-Oct-43
- Date Commissioned: 28-May-44
- Paid off: 02-Nov-45
Recommissioned as a Prestonian Class on 21-Jan-55. Pendant Number 309. Finally Paid Off 30-Jan-67.