Originally named Columbia, this large yacht was purchased from her New York owner and commissioned on August 13, 1915, for patrol duty out of Halifax. She was also for a time flagship at Halifax of Vice-Admiral Sir Charles Kingsmill. Early in 1919, Stadacona was sent round to the west coast and, after brief service as a dispatch vessel, paid off March 31, 1920. After a few years' employment as a fisher patrol and hydrographic survey vessel, she was sold in 1924. She then achieved a degree of notoriety as a rumrunner's depot ship under the name Kuyakuzmt. In 1929 she was rebuilt at Vancouver and once again became a yacht, successively named Lady Stimson and moonlight Maid. In 1941 she became a towboat, and served the U.S. government as such for a time in 1942. She was burned for salvage at Seattle in January, 1948.