Commissioned on August 22, 1944, at Quebec City, she arrived at Halifax in October and spent more than four months under repair. She carried out workups in Bermuda in March, 1945 and on April 5 left for Londonderry via the Azores, having been assigned to EG 9. From Horta she picked up convoy SC.172, arriving at `Derry on April 21. On May 13 she left Greenock to escort JW.67 to North Russia, but was detached three days later to accompany a number of surrendered U-boats bound from Trondheim to Loch Eriboll. She left the U.K. late that month for Canada, and on June 4 commenced tropicalization refit at Lauzon. The job was called off on August 20 and the ship paid off November 22 at Sydney, to be placed in reserve at Shelburne. In 1947 she was sold to the Peruvian Navy and renamed Teniente Palacios, shorted to Palacios in 1953. She was broken up in 1966.