Sea Cliff was commissioned on September 26, 1944, at Quebec, and arrived at Halifax October 20, proceeding to Bermuda in November to work up. On completion she sailed to St. John's to become a member of EG C-3, and left December 23 to join her first convoy, HX.237. She spent the remainder of the war on North Atlantic convoy duty, and on May 21, 1945, left Londonderry for the last time, to join ON.304 on her passage to Canada. She began tropicalization refit at Liverpool, N.S., on June 10, but work was halted August 28 and the ship was paid off November 28 at Halifax. She was placed in reserve at Shelburne until 1946, when she was sold to the Chilean navy and renamed Covadonga. She was broken up in 1968.