Commissioned on April 26, 1941 at Quebec City, Rimouski arrived at Halifax on May 12 and was assigned to Newfoundland Command. She shared with Pictou the honour of being one of the first two corvettes to escort an HX convoy (HX.131, in June, 1941). On January 20, 1942, after three months' refit at Halifax, she left St. John's to join convoy SC.65 for Londonderry. After three round trips, she joined WLEF in June, 1942. In the course of a five-month refit at Liverpool, N.S., begun March 24, 1943, she received her extended fo'c's'le. Upon completion she was assigned to EG C-1, MOEF, transferring to C-3 in December. In April, 1944, while at Londonderry, she was allocated to Western Approaches Command, Greenock, for invasion duties, and left Oban on May 31, to escort blockships for Normandy. She was employed until August as escort to Channel and coastal convoys, then returned to Canada, where she served briefly as a Halifax-based training ship. A refit begun at Louisbourg early in November was completed at Liverpool and Halifax in February, 1945. After working up, she returned to the U.K., to be based at Milford Haven as a member of EG 41, Plymouth, for the duration of the war. Returning to Canada in June, 1945, she was paid off at Sorel on July 24 and broken up in 1950 at Hamilton.
Focsle Extended, Liverpool, NS, 28 Aug 43