HMCS QUATSINO (J152)
The History of the QUATSINO
Named for Quatsino Sound, Vancouver Island, she was built at Prince Rupert and commissioned on November 3, 1941.
Quatsino spent her entire service life on the west coast, alternately a member of the Prince Rupert and Esquimalt Forces.
She was paid off at Esquimalt on November 26, 1945, and converted for commercial purposes in 1947, to be renamed Chen Hsin and domiciled at Shanghai. Her location is sketchy after 1950.
QUATSINO Statistical Data
- Pendant: J152
- Type: Minesweeper
- Class: BANGOR Class (39-40 Programme)
- Displacement: 672 tonnes
- Length: 180 ft
- Width: 28.5 ft
- Draught: 8.3 ft
- Speed: 16 kts
- Compliment: 6 Officers and 77 Crew
- Arms: 1-4" Gun, 1-3" Gun, 2-20mm
- Builder: Prince Rupert Dry Dock and Shipyards Co., Prince Rupert, B.C.
- Keel Laid: 20-Jun-40
- Date Launched: 01-Sep-41
- Date Commissioned: 03-Nov-41
- Paid off: 26-Nov-45