Laid down as HMS Hedingham Castle, she was transferred to the RCN and commissioned at Leith on April 24, 1944. After working up at Tobermory in May she joined EG C-1 at Londonderry, leaving on June 4 to meet ONS.239, her first convoy. She spent the remainder of the war on North Atlantic convoy duty, leaving 'Derry for the last time on April 21, 1945, to escort ONS.48. After refitting at Liverpool, N.S., from May to August, Orangeville was placed in maintenance reserve at Halifax and finally paid off on April 12, 1946. She was sold later that year for conversion to mercantile use under the Chinese flag and renamed Ta Tung. In 1951 she was taken over the the Nationalist Chinese government, rearmed and renamed Te-An.
Ex-HMS HEDINGHAM CASTLE