HMCS New Liskeard (J397) was an Algerine-class minesweeper that served in the Royal Canadian Navy during World War II and afterwards.
Commissioned at Port Arthur on November 21, 1944, New Liskeard arrived at Halifax on December 15 and proceeded to Bermuda for workups in March, 1945. Upon her return in April she was assigned to EG W-8 of Western Escort Force. When EG W-8 was disbanded in June, she was allocated to HMCS Cornwallis as a training ship from July to September. She then was placed in maintenance reserve, first at Sydney and then at Halifax, until the end of the year.
Refitted at Halifax, she was recommissioned on April 9, 1946, as a training ship for cadets. On April 22, 1958, she was paid off for conversion to an oceanographic research vessel, serving as such until May 1, 1969. Later that year she was taken to Dartmouth Cove, N.S., for breaking up.
After 1949 Recommissioned as Pendant 168.