Moose left Halifax on June 3, 1940, for conversion and arming at Quebec City, where she was commissioned on September 8. She was then assigned to Halifax Local Defence Force until may, 1942, transferring then to Sydney, where by September, 1943, she was employed as training ship and examination vessel under control of HMCS Cornwallis. Moose was paid off on July 20, 1945, and sold the following year to Marine Industries Ltd., who renamed her Fraternité. Sold to a U.S. buyer in 1956, she became Ottelia, and is apparently still in service in the Mediterranean.
Formerly the Cleopatra.