Commissioned on September 18, 1942 at Port Arthur, Milltown arrived at Halifax on October 27 and, after working up, joined Halifax Force in December. In March, 1943, she transferred to WLEF and in June, to Gasps Force. In November 1943, she returned to Halifax Force until February 20, 1944, when, with Blairmore, Fort William and Minas, she sailed via the Azores for Plymouth, arriving on March 8. She was present on D-Day with the 31st Minesweeping Flotilla. She returned to Canada to refit at Saint John, N.B., from March to June, 1945, leaving Halifax June 23 for Plymouth via the Azores. She left Plymouth for home on September 21 and was paid off on October 16 at Sydney and laid up at Shelburne. Milltown was placed in strategic reserve at Sorel in 1946, but reacquired by the RCN in 1952 and kept in reserve at Sydney until February, 1959, when she was sold for scrap.
After 1949 Recommissioned as Pendant 194.