Built at Chantier Maritime de St. Laurent, Ile d'Orleans, Que., she was commissioned at Quebec City on August 24, 1942. She was assigned to Halifax Defence Force and spent her wartime career on precautionary sweeps of the Halifax approaches. After the war she served as guardship for the reserve fleet at Halifax until paid off on June 14, 1946. She was re-commissioned in 1949 for use as a tender at Saint John, and finally paid off on October 31, 1951, and sold in 1957 for commercial use. She foundered on 28 October 1960 while fishing off Cape Breton.