Commissioned on July 6, 1944, at Montreal, Lanark arrived at Halifax on July 28. She carried out workups in Bermuda in September and, returning to Halifax in October, was assigned to the newly formed EG C-7, Londonderry. She spent the balance of the European war on convoy duty, most of that time as Senior Officer's ship, and early in June, 1945, sailed for home. In mid-July she began tropicalization refit at Liverpool, N.S., but the was called off on August 31 and the ship was paid off at Sydney on October 24. She was then placed in reserve at Shelburne, but was sold to Marine Industries Ltd., in 1946. Later repurchased by the RCN, she was converted to a Prestonian class ocean escort, 1954-55, and on April 26, 1956, commissioned for training purposed on the east coast. She was paid off the last time on March 16, 1965, and broken up at La Spezia, Italy, the following year.
Recommissioned as a Prestonian Class on 15-Apr-56. Pendant Number 321. Finally Paid Off 19-Mar-65.
Post War HMCS LANARK