Laid down as HMS Tamworth Castle, she was transferred to the RCN and commissioned at Middlesbrough on June 19, 1944. After working up at Tobermory and Stornoway she arrived at Londonderry late in August to join EG C-2 but had to return to her builder's for repairs. Returning to Londonderry in mid-September, she remained on local duties until October 2, when remained on local duties until October 2, when she left to join ON.257, her first convoy. Kincardine served as an ocean escort for the remainder of the war, leaving 'Derry for the last time at the beginning of June, 1945. Briefly allocated to HMCS Cornwallis for training in July, she then underwent a minor refit at Liverpool, N.S. Placed in maintenance reserve at Halifax in October, she was paid off there on February 27, 1946. Later that year she was sold to the French government and resold in 1947 to Moroccan interests, to be renamed Saada.
Ex-HMS TAMWORTH CASTLE