Commissioned on August 6, 1942, at Port Arthur, she arrived at Halifax on September 7 and proceeded to Pictou for workups. She was then assigned to WLEF and in June, 1943, became a member of EG W-8. She left Halifax on February 21, 1944 with Canso, Guysborough and Wasaga via the Azores for Plymouth, arriving on March 8. Kenora was assigned to the 14th Minesweeping Flotilla, with which she was present on D-Day, and in October returned to Canada for a refit at Liverpool, N.S. She proceeded to the U.K. again in February, 1945, and was assigned to the 31st Flotilla until September 4, when she left Plymouth for Canada. Kenora was paid off at Halifax on October 6, 1945, and placed in reserve at Shelburne. In 1946 she went into strategic reserve at Sorel until reacquired by the RCN in 1952 and moved to Sydney. On November 29, 1957, she was transferred to the Turkish Navy as Banclirma. She was removed from service in 1972.
After 1949 renumbered as Pendant 191.