Commissioned on November 18, 1944, at Quebec City, Inch Arran left for Halifax on December 3, visiting Dalhousie en route. In January she proceeded to Bermuda to work up, and on her return to Halifax on February 4, she was assigned to EG 28. She served for the rest of the war on anti-submarine and support duties out of Halifax, and on May 13 escorted the surrendered U 889 into Shelburne. Tropicalization refit, commenced on June 6 at Sydney, was suspended on August 20, and the ship was paid off on November 28, 1945. Placed in reserve at Shelburne, she was sold in 1946 to Marine Industries Ltd., but reacquired in 1951 by the RCN for conversion to a Prestonian class ocean escort at Saint John. She was recommissioned on August 23, 1954, serving on the east coast as a training ship until finally paid off on June 23, 1965. She was then acquired by the Kingston Mariners' Association for conversion to a nautical museum and youth club, but was eventually scrapped in 1970.
Recommissioned as a Prestonian Class on 23-Aug-54. Pendant Number 308. Finally Paid Off 23-Jun-65. Named after Inch Arran Point in Dalhousie, New Brunswick