Husky left Halifax on May 30, 1940, for conversion and arming at Quebec City. Commissioned at Halifax on July 23, she was assigned to Sydney Force for A/S patrol duty. She was transferred that December to Trinidad, but returned to join Saint John, N.B. Force on September 24, 1941. A year late she returned to Halifax Local Defence Force for a few months before being reassigned in March, 1943, to training duties at HMCS Cornwallis (the located at Halifax). She moved with the establishment to Digby, and for the remainder of the war exercised with RN submarines in the Bay of Fundy. Paid off to reserve at Sydney on August 3, 1945, she was sold into mercantile service in 1946. After a term as the inspection vessel Good Neighbor for the Port of New Orleans, she was sold in 1968 for use as a sport-diving tender in Honduran waters but has since returned to New Orleans to become a floating restaurant.
Formerly the Wild Duck.