Commissioned at Quebec City on May 2, 1942, Granby arrived at Halifax on May 13. She completed working up and was assigned first to Sydney Force and then to Western Local Defence Force. In June, 1943, when the latter was divided into escort groups, she became a member of EG W-3 until May, 1944, when she returned to Sydney Force. During this period she had an extensive refit at Lunenburg from June to October; 1944, afterward proceeding to Bermuda to work up. She returned in November and was assigned to Shelburne Force in February, 1945. In April she was transferred to Halifax Force and remained under repair at Halifax until paid off on July 31, 1945. Although allocated to the marine section of the RCMP as Col. White, she was not actually taken over. She was recommissioned on May 23, 1953 for conversion to a deep-diving tender, and served as such until finally paid off on December 15, 1966, and sold.
After 1949 Recommissioned as Pendant 180.
Post War HMCS GRANBY