Named for a village absorbed by Toronto, Forest Hill was laid down as HMS Ceanothus but was transferred to the RCN and commissioned on December 1, 1943 on the Clyde, Scotland. Following workups at Tobermory she joined EG C-3 at Londonderry, leaving on January 29, 1944, to join her first convoy, ONS.28. She served as an ocean escort until late in December, when she arrived at Liverpool, N.S., for an extended refit, on the completion of which, two months later, she sailed for Bermuda to work up. Returning in April, 1945, she joined Halifax Force for local duties. Paid off on July 9 and laid up at Sorel, she was broken up at Hamilton in 1948.