Laid down as HMS Hever Castle, she was transferred to the RCN and commissioned at Blyth, U.K., on July 25, 1944. After working up at Tobermory in August she was assigned to EG C-6 but in fact joined EG C-7 then forming at Londonderry, in October. She left Londonderry to pick up her first convoy, ONS.266, on November 16 and was thereafter continuously employed as an ocean escort. Copper Cliff left Londonderry for her final westward crossing early in June, 1945, and later that month sailed from Halifax for Esquimalt. There, on November 21, she was paid off into reserve. In 1946 she became the Chinese-flag merchant ship Ta Lung, soon afterward renamed Wan Lee, and was taken over by the Chinese Communist government in 1949.
Ex-HMS HEVER CASTLE