HMCS Cape Breton (ARE 100) was a RCN Cape-class escort maintenance ship. Originally built for the Royal Navy as HMS Flamborough Head in 1944, she was transferred to the Royal Canadian Navy in 1952 and served till 1975.
Afterwards, the Cape Breton was used as a floating machine shop until the late 1990s. Except for a short section of the stern and her engines, which will comprise a significant portion of the Maritime Museum in North Vancouver BC, it was sunk in the waters of British Columbia in 2001 by the Artificial Reef Society of British Columbia after extensive cleaning to meet Environment Canada requirements. It now lies near Snake Island in Nanaimo harbour and is a popular scuba diving site.
Ex-RN FLAMBOROUGH HEAD purchased in 1952 and based on the West Coast. Served until 1964. From 1972 to 1993 used as a towed mobile support facility and accomodation vessel at Esquimalt. Sunk as an artificial reef near Snake Island, Nanaimo.