HMCS Cap de la Madeleine (K663) was a River class frigate that served in the Royal Canadian Navy from 1944-1945 and as a Prestonian class frigate from 1954-1965.
Commissioned September 30, 1944, at Quebec City, she arrived at Halifax October 20, and soon afterward sailed for Bermuda to work up. Returning in December she was allocated to EGC-7, MOEF, based at St. John's. She left that port December 28, 1944, to accompany Convoy 14X.328 eastward, but was detached on January 3 to the westbound convoy ONS.39, as she had to return for repairs. These were carried out successively at St. John's, Halifax, and Quebec, and completed on May 7. 1945. She then began tropicalization refit at Lauzon, but this was cancelled in August owing to termination of hostilities, and the ship was paid off November 25 at Shelburne.
She was sold to Marine Industries Ltd., but later reacquired by the RCN and converted to a Prestonian class unit.
Recommissioned on December 7, 1954, she served on the east coast until paid off on May 15, 1965. She was broken up the following year at La Spezim, Italy.
Recommissioned as a Prestonian Class on 7-Dec-54. Pendant Number 317. Finally Paid Off 15-May-65.
Post War CAP de la MADELEINE