Commissioned at Port Arthur on May 18, 1944, Border Cities arrived at Halifax in mid- June, and on July 8 proceeded to Bermuda to work up. Returning to Halifax on August 3, she was assigned as Senior Officer's ship to EG W-2 of WLEF. In June, 1945, she was assigned to Atlantic Coast Command and, in August, placed temporarily in maintenance reserve at Sydney. On November 10 she left, with four sisters, for the west coast, and on January 15, 1946, was paid off into reserve at Esquimalt. She was sold for scrap in 1948 and broken up at Victoria soon afterward.
Named for for Windsor, Ontario. More specifically for the adjoining ?Border Cities? of East Windsor, Walkerville, Windsor and Sandwich, which had been amalgamated into one city.