HMCS Arras was one of twelve Battle class naval trawlers used by the Royal Canadian Navy (RCN). Named after the Battle of Arras, she was built by the Kingston Shipbuilding Company, in Kingston, Ontario, and was commissioned on 8 July 1918. Decommissioned on 1 April 1919, she became a fisheries protection vessel, and often served as a hospital ship for the fishing fleet on the Grand Banks. During the Second World War, Arras returned to RCN service, and was re-commissioned on 11 September 1939. Initially stationed in Halifax, Nova Scotia as a gate vessel, in mid-1941 she was sent to Sydney, Nova Scotia, where she served as Gate Vessel 15. While the ship was in Sydney, a November 1943 fire caused extensive damage. Decommissioned in April 1946, Arras was broken up at Halifax in 1957.