HMS Algerine was a Phoenix-class sloop steel screw sloop of the Royal Navy. She was launched at Devonport in 1895, saw action in China during the Boxer Rebellion, and later served on the Pacific Station. She was stripped of her crew at Esquimalt in 1914, and transferred to the Royal Canadian Navy in 1917, being commissioned as HMCS Algerine. She was sold as a salvage vessel in 1919 and wrecked in 1923.
In 1917 she was lent to the Royal Canadian Navy to serve as a depot ship at Esquimalt. She was sold on 11 April 1919 for use as a salvage vessel.